UNDER ONE ROOF, INC.™
Under One Roof, Inc. is an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to sponsoring, developing, and operating quality affordable housing for elderly persons in need of supportive services which incorporate and promote a strong intergenerational philosophy.
- State of Connecticut, Department of Housing
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
- Private Equity Provided by Fannie Mae, Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
- City of Norwalk, Community Development Block Grant
- Nutrition Funding Assistance Provided by Southwestern Connecticut Agency on Aging
- Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority
- State of Connecticut Departments of Education and Social Services
- Norwalk School Readiness Council
- Private and Individual Donations
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Patrick Shields, President
- Debra Simons, PhD, RN, Secretary
- Mark Lilliedahl, Treasurer
- Jayesh Bhansali, CFA, CAIA
- Richard M. Liebman, Esq.
- Prashanth Prakash
- William Rath
- Sharon Rosen, Esq.
- Yvonne Senturia, MD, M.Sc.
UNDER ONE ROOF,INC.™ STAFF
- Mary R. Windt, Executive Director
- Leticia Croke, Resident Services Coordinator
- Brooke Knowles, Administrative Director
- Jose Vivieca, Building Superintendent
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, The Marvin Children's Center
- Creative Culinary Services, Jeff Shapiro – Owner-Chef
- Masi Company - Housekeeping
- Orion Protective Services, Security
- John C. Gleckler, Financial Services
Under One Roof, Inc.™, an independent, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit housing and day care organization, is the Managing Agent of The Marvin, as well as the General Partner of "60 Gregory Boulevard Limited Partnership", owner of The Marvin. The Partnership was formed for the sole purpose of owning and operating The Marvin and uniquely combines the experience and expertise in the development and operation of low-income elderly housing and child day care programs. The Marvin Children's Center is owned and sponsored by Under One Roof, Inc.™ and is managed by Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
DEVELOPER AND ARCHITECT
Becker and Becker Associates
DEVELOPER, SPONSOR & MANAGER
Under One Roof, Inc.™
22 years of community leadership 1997 - 2019
1993 – 1996. Birth of an idea
- Becker and Becker Associates selected as developer of The Old Marvin School
- Under One Roof, Inc. files Certificate of Incorporation with Secretary of the State of Connecticut
- Ground-breaking on October 12, 1995
1997. The Marvin opens on March 15
1998. The Children's Center opens
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions selected to manage The Marvin Children's Center
2001- 2003 Expansion, awards and quality commitment
- Assisted Living Services offered to residents to enhance the supportive services available
- The Marvin Children Center awarded National Accreditation by NAEYC
- "Quality First Initiative" adopted by the Board of Directors, staff and residents
2004 – 2006. National and local recognition
- Cablevision Channel 12 airs spot on the success of The Marvin as an Intergenerational Shared Site
- AAHSA/IFAS – "Creating New Long Term Care Choices for Older Adults" – features The Marvin as model of affordable housing with services
- Celebration of The Marvin's "500th Blanket" - Soldier's Angels Blankets of Hope Project
2007 – 2011. Continued leadership
- The Marvin's Executive Director awarded the Rick Wallace Award of Merit by LeadingAge CT
- Generations United awards The Marvin Intergenerational Photography Seed Grant
- Under One Roof, Inc.™ selected as National Finalist in the First Generations United Shared Site Best Practices Award Shared Site Best Practice Award
- 11th Anniversary Brunch and Celebration of 1000th Blanket - Soldier's Angels Blankets of Hope Project
- The Marvin selected as one of 4 national winners in the "2009 MetLife Award for Excellence in Affordable Housing"
- Enterprise Community Partners selects Under One Roof Inc.™ for Charrette Planning Grant
- Under One Roof, Inc.™ awarded Community Partners Award from Wachovia Wells Fargo
- Generations United, MetLife Foundation selected The Marvin to receive the "2011 Intergenerational Shared Site Excellence Award."
2012. Fifteenth Anniversary
- Under One Roof marked 15 years as a provider of quality, affordable congregate elderly housing with supportive services, an accredited school readiness child daycare program and intergenerational connections.
2013. Sixteenth Anniversary
2014 Seventeenth Anniversary
2015 Eighteenth Anniversary
- Celebration of The Marvin’s first Centenarian Resident
- Under One Roof awarded a State Department of Education Capital Improvement Grant
- Executive Director Mary R Windt awarded the LeadingAge Chairman’s Award in recognition of her undying advocacy on behalf of affordable senior housing in the state and the nation.
- Under One Roof receives a grant from the Noble Family Trust Foundation
2016 Nineteenth Anniversary
- Executive Director Mary R Windt celebrates her 20th Anniversary as Executive Director of Under One Roof and The Marvin
- The State Department of Housing and the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority select The Marvin to receive a grant of $3,547,000 for Capital Improvements
- 2016 Year End Letter
2017 Twentieth Anniversary
- March 15, 2017 - 20th Anniversary Party Celebration
- 20th Anniversary Citation from General Assembly
- 20th anniversary Certificate - Senator Murphy
- Under One Roof/The Marvin selected as Recipient of the proceeds from the 2018 Mayor’s Ball.
2018 Twenty-first Anniversary
- March 15, 2018 – 21st Anniversary Party Celebration
- Mayor’s Ball Raises $25,000 for Charities
- June 7, 2018 – Under One Roof Received Norwalk Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award
2019 Twenty-Second Anniversary
- March 15, 2019 – Celebration of The Marvin’s 22nd Anniversary
- April 24, 2019 – “The Big Event”
Marvin School 2nd and 4th Grade Students Meet with Residents of The Marvin
To have an interactive experience with challenges of aging.